Autoprospekte – Catalogues Automobiles – Catálogos/Folletos de Coches – Brochure/Depliant/Cataloghi Auto – Folhetos de Carro – Automobilové Prospekty – Bilbroschyrer
Welcome to the official pages of the International and Swiss Automobile-Archives (est. 1985)
The aim of the International and Swiss Automobile-Archives is to collect and preserve vintage automobile literature. The collection consists of car brochures, price-lists, press kits and motoring books. We want to contribute to the preservation of this chapter of automotive history, with all its industrial, technical, marketing and sociological aspects.
Examples of the use of original car literature:
- for the car company or importer that has lost a part of its own archives or needs inspiration for specific projects. Access to the archives may be useful in one of the following contexts: New model launches – brand heritage projects – exhibitions – concept car projects – marketing/advertising – brand management – sales activities/promotions – just to name a few possible areas of interest.
- for the car-dealership or vintage car specialist that wants to sell a vintage car and needs to complete its history file by fist-hand and authentic information. These additions to the file of a specific car can not only be useful as a primary source of information. It can also have a positive effect on the value of a vintage car on the market or serve as a valuable source of information.
- for detail-research by an owner of a specific vehicle, e.g. while restoring or repairing the vehicle, as a source of detailed information, as proof of originality when dealing with insurance companies or the road traffic licensing department or just for her or his own interest.
- for other archives and museums looking for information or specific material as research or exhibition purposes, to complete their own collections or to complement a file of one of their exhibits.
- for motoring writers: they may want to find information on details, availability and prices in a specific market or looking for images of original period sales literature for their topic. Illustrations from original sales literature are a valuable addition to any motoring book, magazine or online article about vintage cars. The not only show the car – they also reveal the advertising fashion of their time.
- for insurance companies or other specialist companies that need to do research on details of a specific model, e.g. to assess the authentic condition of a car or its value
- for sociologists and advertising companies who want to dive into the advertising style of a certain period. By the way, this is one of the most interesting aspects!
- and there are many more interests…